Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's time to consult the experts.

So, this is it. The divorce is almost final, and I have a March 1 deadline to vacate the house. I've put off making a decision for 6 months now, while I coped with the roller coaster heartbreak, and even if I still want to dedicate time to that, I have to make a move.

Here's the problem: I feel absolutely immobile. I'm sure this is a result of depression, less some sort of degenerative disease or obstinence over letting go of what was supposed to be our home- my home- for the next 5 years. Moreso, I think it's a result of never feeling quite flush financially and not being absolutely sure how to chart a course. I'm a rather impulsive person, and at 34, I don't feel like that impulsivity has served me well. I mean, I'm divorced, I still work a dayjob in another field, and the only money in my savings account is what I've gotten out of the divorce, which is barely enough to move.

I think it's time for a change.

I decided I need a guide, some sort of higher guidance into this next 34 years. God and I have a ongoing discussion, and I intend to listen to God a lot over the next year through meditation. I also intend to star-watch. It's a little past-time of mine, checking the stars. And by stars, I mean celestial groupings interpreted by astrologers. Not astronomers. I read the paper for the horoscopes, kids. But, I often forget my horoscope somewhere during the day, and I think it's time to hold these celestial spies accountable.

This blog is dedicated to examining a year's worth of horoscopes, comparing them to my actual day, and thereby judging their effectiveness (not accuracy, mind you, but effectiveness). I'm sure I'll throw in extras, tidbits of wisdom espoused by philosophers, friends, family and hopefully, strangers. I'm taking advice from everyone, filtering it through writing and discussion, and using it to inform my decision making process.

So, stay tuned, and find out: Are horoscopes a worthy guide for daily decision making?

I will use Jonathan Cainer (www.cainer.com) as my astrologer guide. He's highly revered, thorough, easy-to-access and even better, he's funny. If you, dear readers- all one of you- want to recommend anyone else, don't. Not right now. I'm easily distracted and quite anxious. I just want to focus on one astrologer this year. (Don't I? Yes, of course. But wait....See. See what you did there?)

Let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment